• Slider Image

UK Visas

Visa Application

If you are intending to travel and work abroad then its likely that you will need a working visa for that country. Visa requirements vary from country to country so its recommended that you check the relevant government websites for further information.

If you are looking to travel to the UK for Overseas Experience its likely that you will be applying via the 'Tier 5 Youth Mobility' visa providing you meet the basic criteria. You can use the links directly below to check your eligibility and strongly recommend you do this before confirming any of your travel arrangements.

Visa Application

Anyone wishing to come to the UK from New Zealand and work will require a work visa. New Zealand passport holders can enter the UK as a visitor for up to 6 months without a visa, however will not be allowed to work. There are still requirements that need to be met and visitors must have ongoing travel plans arranged.

If you are considering a longer stay and wish to work, then there are various types of working visa’s available depending on the individual’s situation and circumstances.

There are also costs to bear in mind which also vary depending on the applicant’s circumstances.

FarmWork UK generally looks for candidates that fulfil the ‘TIER 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme), allowing young people a two-year working visa stay anywhere within the UK, however other types of applications are also welcomed.

The information below focuses on young workers coming to the UK via the TIER 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme). You are able to apply for the TIER 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you:

• Want to live and work in the UK for up to two years
• Are aged between 18 – 30
• Have £1890 in Savings
• Are from certain countries (ie: New Zealand)
• Meet other eligibility requirements.

More information on New Zealand’s Applying for UK work visas can be found on the UK Government website.

Visa Costs

As previously mentioned there are costs to bear in mind for anyone considering a visa application to the UK. Costs can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for.

If you are looking to go on an Overseas Experience working holiday then applying for a TIER 5 (Youth Mobility Visa) is your likely visa route.
Here is what you can expect to pay:

• Visa Application cost - $475 NZD
• Immigration Health Surcharge - around  £300 GBP

Documents Required

Below are the documents required for the the Tier5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa.
(If your circumstances are different from what we have outlined on this page then you may require different forms)

Visa application form VAF2 (External link)

Tuberculosis (TB) test results (External link)
Not required for New Zealanders

• Current passport or other valid travel ID

In order to get a visa, please make sure that your passport has plenty of blank pages and that it is valid for at least six months after your intended date of return.

Be able to attend a biometrics test (External link)

Other Documents and information I May Need

Travel Insurance
We strongly recommend travel insurance for the entire time you plan to be overseas. Your policy should cover emergency medical situations, baggage loss or damage, and expenses incurred from disrupted travel plans.
Visit our 'Travel Insurance' page for a quote on on travel insurance which can be purchase at any time during your travels.

Government Travel Advice
It’s always good to know what you are walking into, no matter what or where it is. FarmWork UK recommends the Safe Travel (External link) website for New Zealanders where you can check the latest travel risks and safety warnings.

Please note that the help and advice on this page is for guidance only and is subject to change without notice or warning. FarmWork UK advises all customers to check the relevant government websites for specific visa and entry requirements before hand. Each traveler is responsible for their own visa's. FarmWork UK cannot be help responsible for any for any visa information and regulations which differs from the guidance advice given on this page.

If you would like to speak to us for further help please contact us via our Enquir Now page.

Visa Type: Tier 5: Youth Mobility (working holiday)

Age Limit: 18-30 years

Visa Length: Up to 2 years


Processing Time: 5 - 12 Weeks

Visa Type: UK Ancestry/ Grandparent

Age Limit: 17 years and over

Visa Length: Up to 5 years then you can settle permanently


Processing Time: 5 - 12 Weeks

Visa Type: Tier 2 (General) visa

Age Limit: None

Visa Length: Up to 6 years (extendable in the UK after 3 years)

Restrictions: Employed by Licensed Sponsor

Processing Time: 5 - 12 Weeks

Its important to remember that some countries in Europe require additional visas so we advise you check each country before making your travel arrangements.

The information provided on this page is a guide only so we strongly recommend that you visit the relevant government website to check the most up to date information.

Further Information

The links below are all external links to the UK Government website

Working Holidays & Overseas Experiences In The UK For New Zealand Farm Workers

Supplying the UK Farm Industry with efficient and reliable farm workers all year round