• Slider Image

How It Works

Kick Start Your UK Experience

If organising your visa, finding a job and sorting out your travel arrangements seems all a bit overwhelming then contacting FarmWork UK may be a good place to start. A Kiwi will help you get landed on your feet the minute you arrive by meeting you at the airport, helping you arrange a bank account and driving you to your place of work.

Candidates that have accepted work through FarmWork UK will benefit from on going support and help whilst in the UK, so we are never too far away when you need advice.

Meet & Greet – an introduction to the UK

One of the benefits of using FarmWork UK is that we will meet you at the airport upon arrival in the UK and help you get up and running and settled in. 

It doesn't just stop there! A member of our team will either drive you to your work destination or help you board a train where another member of the team will meet you. From there on they will show you to your new place of work and introduce you to your new work colleges.

UK Visa assistance

Whether you are applying for the Youth Mobility Scheme (2 year) or Ancestry (5 year) visa, we can help you with advise and guidance when considering an application.

The 'Youth Mobility Visa' applications can generally be fairly straight forward. It is more often than not a simple case of being organised with your documents. Visit our UK Visas page for more information and links to visa applications and eligibility tests.

General advice including budgeting

When traveling to a new country, things are undoubtable going to seem a bit different. That’s where FarmWork UK's ongoing support can help. You will probably have a few questions that will need to be answered along the way. Some questions could be as simple as; where's the best & cheapest supermarket to buy meat?

During your stay in the UK we can help answer some of your questions and steer you in the right direction when it comes to local knowledge and basic budgeting. Whether it's a question about finding car insurance or simply general advice on day to day living costs, we're here to help.

Your choice of bank account with assistance to help you open one quickly and easily

In order to start earning money in the UK you will need a bank account. It is unusual for employers to pay employees cash, so we recommend setting up an account within the first few days of arriving. It's also not a great idea to carry around too much cash at any one time.

Due to money laundering laws and regulations its become increasingly more difficult (if not impossible) to open a UK bank account whilst abroad. It is possible to open an account online, but may still require you to visit a branch in person to verify and activate it.

There are a number of banks available in the UK. The main ones are Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, TSB and Natwest. It's a good idea to book an appointment before visiting your local branch to open an account, or at least check what's required before going in! Most banks will ask you to provide identification such as your passport, visa, employment contract and confirmation of address.

With internet banking on the increase, banks can be some distance away in rural locations. Our team are available to take you to a local bank to help open an account if you are having trouble.

Below are a list of the banks we recommend and (external) links to their relevant website:

Natwest - www.personal.natwest.com
RBS - www.personal.rbs.co.uk

UK simcard - know your number before you leave NZ

Its amazing how many places now offer sim cards, from vending machines in airports to gift card shops on the high street. However, some of the deals you get from these places aren't necessarily the cheapest or most economic. Thats why one of the first things we do is provide you with a sim card that has flexibility and affordability, whilst providing competitive prices for data, minutes and texts.

We can provide you with an easy to set up, no contract sim card, that offers you direct access to an online dashboard where you can easily control your ongoing monthly cost to suit your circumstances and usage.

You can stop and start the billing as and when you need too, and have the flexibility to upgrade or degrade your plan at any time.

Assistance arranging a National Insurance number (tax number)

A National Insurance Number (NI Number) is a number used for the administration of the National Insurance or social security system. It is also used for some purposes in the UK tax system. We can offer help with how and where to do this.

If you’re already moving to the UK you may have a National Insurance (NI) number printed on the back of your biometric residence permit (BRP). You don’t need to apply for a National Insurance number if you already have one, or one is printed on your BRP.

If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you must apply. You can only apply for it once you’re in the UK. You must have the right to work or study in the UK to get a National Insurance number.

You can find out more on the UK Government website here:
www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number (External link)

Local Knowlege

Its worth finding out about all the local amenities as soon as you arrive at your place of stay. These include things like 24hr supermarkets, convenient stores, local doctors surgery and laundrettes.

Leaving finding out about some of these until the last minute can sometimes cause unnecessary stress or problems, especially if it's late in the night and you are unable to make contact with anyone you know.

Useful Links

Working Holidays & Overseas Experiences In The UK For New Zealand Farm Workers

Supplying the UK Farm Industry with efficient and reliable farm workers all year round